There are many effective and natural treatment options for those who suffer from fibromyalgia. We look holistically to treat the root cause, support, and work to prevent symptoms. Give our office a call today (425) 686-4498 to learn how we can help!
- Does this picture remind you of your pain?
- Do you have difficulty sleeping at night because of the pain?
- Do you avoid social or family activities because of fibro pain and fatigue?
- Are you tired of not finding long-term relief or not getting any answers?
The exact cause of fibromyalgia is not fully understood. Fibromyalgia is a common cause of chronic widespread muscle pain. It is often accompanied by fatigue, anxiety or depressed mood, and even headaches.
There could be a variety of factors working together and many things that could cause the body’s pain signals to go awry, including:
- Genetics: It appears that fibromyalgia runs in families. There may be certain genetic mutations that may make you more susceptible to developing the disorder.
- Infections: Some illnesses appear to trigger or aggravate fibromyalgia.
- Physical or emotional trauma: Fibro can sometimes be triggered by a physical trauma, such as a car accident. Stress may also trigger the condition.
Typically, women between ages of 20-55 years old are most likely affected.
Symptoms reported include:
- Widespread muscle aches and pain
- Low energy
- Insomnia or poor sleep
- Numbness or tingling in arms or legs
At Starting Point, we specialize in the management and treatment of acute and chronic pain, including fibromyalgia.
What makes us different is our holistic approach to care and finding WHY you developed the pain in the first place, in addition to calming and treating symptoms.
At your initial consultation we will develop a comprehensive treatment plan customized for your fibromyalgia symptoms. Your program will be based on the symptoms you’re experiencing and the length of time you’ve had those symptoms.
To schedule an appointment please give our office a call at (425) 686-4498.
“I’ve had fibromyalgia for 10 years. My first symptom was stiffness in my neck, then slowly everything felt like a bruise. When it all began, my doctors told me I was fine and needed a therapist. Then I met Dr. Heintze and found real support. She really listened to me and with her treatments, I’m able to manage my pain and life my life!” -O.P.
Read our previous posts on how we can help Fibromyalgia here:
Give our office a call today (425) 368-3290 to set-up your initial consultation to learn how we can help!
Dr. Ellie Heintze, ND, LAc, is a naturopathic doctor and acupuncturist in Bothell, WA at her practice Starting Point Acupuncture. She is a pain specialist, seeing people who suffer from chronic pain, migraines, as well as digestive issues. Offering pain relief injections, acupuncture, integrative pain management programs, and nutrition consults. Dr. Ellie Heintze is also the author of the book, A Starting Point Guide to Going Gluten-Free on Amazon.