Got your brain fuel and brain food today? What foods should you be eating for optimal health? Read below to find out some tips and a super simple recipe!
Recipe: Brain Food Blueberry Anti-inflammatory Overnight Oats
You are what you eat, right?!
The best way to keep up your energy, stay motivated, and just feel great is to eat the right foods, Brain Foods!
Our brain loves and is fueled by good fats and anti-inflammatory foods.
Examples of anti-inflammatory foods include:
- Grass-fed and organic meats
- Good fats like avocado, olive oil, nuts, seeds (chia, flax, etc)
- Low glycemic fruits and veggies like blueberries and other dark berries
Brain Food Anti-inflammatory Overnight Oats Recipe:
1 c. blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 c. oats (gluten-free)
1 c. almond milk or coconut milk
1 TBSP chia seeds
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 banana, sliced
¼ cup chopped walnuts (or other nuts like pecans)
- Blend blueberries in the food processor until smooth.
- Mix blueberries, oats, almond milk, chia seeds, hemp seeds in a bowl with a lid.
- Let set in fridge overnight.
- Split into two bowls and top with cinnamon, banana, and walnuts.
Serve & enjoy!
Tip: Your gut microbes love to eat the fiber in the blueberries, oats, seeds, and nuts. Meanwhile, your brain loves the omega-3 fats in the seeds and nuts.
Dr. Heintze offers wellness consults via our telehealth platform to address stress management techniques, natural ways to promote wellness, digestive health concerns, fatigue, insomnia, and pain management. We offer integrative care to promote individual plans for optimal wellness, whatever your specific health goals are.
Contact our office at (425) 686-4498 to schedule your consult today with Dr. Heintze to learn how we can help!
Please share this article!
Dr. Ellie Heintze, ND, LAc
- Master’s Degree in Acupuncture
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry
Northern Arizona University
Search Through The Doctor's Blog
Acupuncture Benefits For
- 5 element acupuncture (1)
- Addictions (23)
- Allergies (36)
- Arthritis (20)
- Back Pain (25)
- Better Health & Wellness (280)
- Cancer (10)
- Chronic Problems (72)
- Cosmetic and Aesthetics (11)
- Cosmetic and Skin Health (16)
- Cupping Therapy (5)
- Diabetes and Prevention (17)
- Digestive Health (111)
- Diseases & Disorders (71)
- Fertility (12)
- Gluten-Free Product Review (6)
- Headaches (24)
- Health Insurance (2)
- Healthy Eating & Nutrition (94)
- Helpsheets (9)
- Herbs & Essential Oils (8)
- How Does Acupuncture Work (87)
- Immune Support (34)
- Injury Rehabilitation (24)
- Ketogenic Diet (2)
- Mental Health (42)
- Migraine Treatment (32)
- Mindset and Meditation (9)
- Naturopathic Doctor (100)
- Newsletter Archives (4)
- Pain Management (97)
- PCOS (4)
- Pregnancy (6)
- Recipes (33)
- Research Updates (42)
- Sciatica (8)
- Sleep (26)
- The Acupuncture Meridians (2)
- Therapies & Treatments (52)
- Type 1 Diabetes (2)
- Uncategorized (93)
- Videos (7)
- Weight Loss (37)
- Women's Health (29)