Got your brain fuel and brain food today? What foods should you be eating for optimal health? Read below to find out some tips and a super simple recipe!
Recipe: Brain Food Blueberry Anti-inflammatory Overnight Oats
You are what you eat, right?! The best way to keep up your energy, stay motivated, and just feel great is to eat the right foods, Brain Foods! Our brain loves and is fueled by good fats and anti-inflammatory foods.
Examples of anti-inflammatory brain food include:
- Grass-fed and organic meats
- Good fats like avocado, olive oil, nuts, seeds (chia, flax, etc)
- Low glycemic fruits and veggies like blueberries and other dark berries
Looking for more information and lifestyle tips on anti-inflammatory living, read Dr. Ellie’s previous posts here.
Brain Food Anti-inflammatory Overnight Oats Recipe:
1 c. blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 c. oats (gluten-free)
1 c. almond milk or coconut milk
1 TBSP chia seeds
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 banana, sliced
¼ cup chopped walnuts (or other nuts like pecans)
- Blend blueberries in the food processor until smooth.
- Mix blueberries, oats, almond milk, chia seeds, hemp seeds in a bowl with a lid.
- Let set in fridge overnight.
- Split into two bowls and top with cinnamon, banana, and walnuts.
Serve & enjoy!
Tip: Your gut microbes love to eat the fiber in the blueberries, oats, seeds, and nuts. Meanwhile, your brain loves the omega-3 fats in the seeds and nuts.
If you suffer from digestive issues such as IBS. Contact our office at (425) 686-4498 to schedule your consult today with Dr. Heintze to learn how we can help!
Dr. Ellie Heintze, ND, LAc, is a naturopathic doctor and acupuncturist in Bothell, WA at her practice Starting Point Acupuncture. She specializes in chronic and complex cases and commonly treats neuropathy, fibromyalgia, migraines, autoimmune, and infertility cases. Dr. Ellie Heintze is also the author of the book, A Starting Point Guide to Going Gluten-Free and Keep Calm and Zen Out available on Amazon.
Please share this article!
Tagged In: anti-inflammatory, blueberry, brain food, brain health, fatigue, gluten-free, good fats, immune support, memory, paleo, recipe
Dr. Ellie Heintze, ND, LAc
- Master’s Degree in Acupuncture
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry
Northern Arizona University
Search Through The Doctor's Blog
Acupuncture Benefits For
- 5 element acupuncture (1)
- Addictions (22)
- Allergies (37)
- Arthritis (20)
- Back Pain (25)
- Better Health & Wellness (292)
- Cancer (10)
- Chronic Problems (86)
- Cosmetic and Aesthetics (11)
- Cosmetic and Skin Health (16)
- Cupping Therapy (4)
- Diabetes and Prevention (20)
- Digestive Health (111)
- Diseases & Disorders (75)
- Eye Disorders (3)
- Fertility (12)
- Gluten-Free Product Review (6)
- Headaches (25)
- Health Insurance (1)
- Healthy Eating & Nutrition (94)
- Helpsheets (9)
- Herbs & Essential Oils (8)
- How Does Acupuncture Work (89)
- Immune Support (34)
- Injury Rehabilitation (25)
- Ketogenic Diet (2)
- Mental Health (47)
- Migraine Treatment (33)
- Mindset and Meditation (10)
- Naturopathic Doctor (100)
- Neuropathy (5)
- Newsletter Archives (4)
- Pain Management (106)
- PCOS (4)
- Pregnancy (6)
- Recipes (33)
- Research Updates (47)
- Sciatica (8)
- Sleep (27)
- The Acupuncture Meridians (2)
- Therapies & Treatments (52)
- Type 1 Diabetes (3)
- Uncategorized (100)
- Videos (7)
- Weight Loss (38)
- Women's Health (29)