Heart health is key to keeping our body, mind, and spirit going strong! Contact our office today at (425) 686-4498 to set-up your initial consultation and learn how we can help you improve your heart health!
Best Natural Ways to Improve Heart Health
Heart health is extremely important. Without a healthy heart, the body does not function properly. Your brain needs a healthy blood supply so you can think and process information clearly, our limbs need blood to help you move, and all your organs need that blood supply to keep you ticking!
Think of it like this, your heart is the ultimate multitasker, working tirelessly every second of every day to keep you alive – and investing in ways to help protect and enhance heart health is the ultimate act of self-care.
When the heart is strong, blood flow will be sufficient, the body will be well nourished and the pulse will reflect that by being full and regular.
A strong heart = a strong body + mind
Acupuncture for Heart Health
Acupuncture treatments can help tremendously to keep your heart healthy. In addition, acupuncture has been shown to lower blood pressure, calm the mind, relieve stress, and decrease any pain that might be occurring. It also can stimulate blood flow, making circulation more effective. This is KEY for people with neuropathy. With neuropathy it is a blood circulation and nerve issue. The nerves are not getting the nutrients they need (ie. blood flow and oxygen) so they start to die and not function properly. Learn more about neuropathy, here.
Acupuncture has been shown to help with many conditions associated with the heart and circulation such as raynaud’s, diabetes, insomnia, blood pressure disregulation, and edema.
Acupuncture Points for Heart Health:
· Governing Vessel 20 – This point is located on the top of the head, midway between the apexes of both ears. GV20 stimulates circulation throughout the body and calms the mind.
· Heart 7 – This point is located bilaterally on the underside of the wrist, at the outermost end of the wrist crease. H7 can help with heart arrhythmias, panic attacks, hypertension, insomnia and much more.
· Liver 3 – Located bilaterally on the top of the foot, in the depression about one thumb-width from the edge of the webbing between the first and second toes. L3 is a great point for improving blood circulation and relieving anxiety.
Dietary Recommendations for Heart Health
Nutrition can also be very important in keeping the heart healthy. Dark berries are loaded with antioxidants that can reduce the risk of heart disease, decrease inflammation, and promote circulation. In addition, chia seeds and flax seeds are high in omega 3 fatty acids that can help lower blood pressure. Other foods like asparagus, nuts, dark chocolate, beans and drinking green tea can also help to maintain a healthy heart.
Contact our office today at (425) 686-4498 to set-up your initial consultation and learn how we can help you improve your heart health!
Dr. Ellie Heintze, ND, LAc, is a naturopathic doctor and acupuncturist in Bothell, WA at her practice Starting Point Acupuncture. She specializes in chronic and complex cases and commonly treats neuropathy, fibromyalgia, migraines, autoimmune, and infertility cases. Dr. Ellie Heintze is also the author of the book, A Starting Point Guide to Going Gluten-Free and Keep Calm and Zen Out available on Amazon.
Please share this article!
Tagged In: acupuncture, anxiety, cardiac, chest pain, fatigue, functional medicine, heart, insomnia, natural medicine, neuropathy, nutrition, wellness, whole foods
Dr. Ellie Heintze, ND, LAc
- Master’s Degree in Acupuncture
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry
Northern Arizona University
Search Through The Doctor's Blog
Acupuncture Benefits For
- 5 element acupuncture (1)
- Addictions (21)
- Allergies (37)
- Arthritis (20)
- Back Pain (25)
- Better Health & Wellness (292)
- Cancer (10)
- Chronic Problems (88)
- Cosmetic and Aesthetics (11)
- Cosmetic and Skin Health (16)
- Cupping Therapy (4)
- Diabetes and Prevention (22)
- Digestive Health (111)
- Diseases & Disorders (75)
- Eye Disorders (3)
- Fertility (12)
- Gluten-Free Product Review (6)
- Headaches (25)
- Health Insurance (1)
- Healthy Eating & Nutrition (95)
- Helpsheets (9)
- Herbs & Essential Oils (9)
- How Does Acupuncture Work (89)
- Immune Support (34)
- Injury Rehabilitation (25)
- Ketogenic Diet (2)
- Mental Health (48)
- Migraine Treatment (33)
- Mindset and Meditation (11)
- Naturopathic Doctor (101)
- Neuropathy (5)
- Newsletter Archives (4)
- Pain Management (108)
- PCOS (4)
- Pregnancy (6)
- Recipes (33)
- Research Updates (47)
- Sciatica (8)
- Sleep (27)
- The Acupuncture Meridians (2)
- Therapies & Treatments (52)
- Type 1 Diabetes (3)
- Uncategorized (102)
- Videos (6)
- Weight Loss (40)
- Women's Health (30)