Check out Dr. Ellie's tips to help you stay productive below to help you achieve your goals!
13 Ways To Be More Productive Every Day
First, you must decide what productivity means to you.
Is it “working on your to-do list?”
GSD aka “getting stuff done”
Productivity is defined as “The state or quality of producing something; the effectiveness of productive effort.”
So, you’ve got to prioritize achieving results ahead of staying in your comfort zone – and stop making excuses! You’ve probably also heard the phrase, “work smarter, not harder”?
In this post I am going to provide some ideas for how to help achieve your goals, no matter what they are…remember don’t over think, just do!
Here are 13 ways to be more productive every single day:
- Marie Kondo-ing your office and workspace. This will help to create a pleasant and decluttered workstation that will help you to GSD!
- Positive pep-talk daily. “I got this”, “I adapt easily to change”, “I am successful and productive” “I excel at what I do”
- Make your goals manageable – not unrealistic and unreachable.
- Set out the next day’s goals the night before. Revisit them for 5 minutes in the morning.
- Make priority lists not ‘To Do’ lists. Get priorities done first, then work on the rest.
- Don’t multitask – I know, this probably goes against what you’re actually trying to do but consider that doing multiple things at once (too many balls in the air) causes you to do each task much more slowly and less efficiently than if you were to just focus on just ONE task – and do it really well!
- Identify your time-suckers and eliminate them! What causes you to spend way too much time on? Save that for the last thing in the day or don’t do them at all.
- Avoid distractions. This can be as simple as turning off phone or computer notifications. Turning your phone onto silent. Only having one device on at a time. Not having Facebook up on your computer while you are at work or working.
- Check email in the afternoon so you don’t spend your day simply putting out fires!
- Make sure to take breaks! Get up from seated and walk around for 5-10 minutes at least every 40 minutes. This helps to fight fatigue and burnout during the afternoon.
- Recognize your accomplishments and build in rewards for effort – but not necessarily for the achievement itself.
- Drink more water. Did you know that being just mildly dehydrated can lower your work performance by 25-50%?!
- And finally…keep your blood sugar in check! Having protein focused snacks handy and eating regular meals, seems like a no-brainer but it can help keep focus and productivity up! Fuel your body, fuel your brain!
Contact our office at (425) 686-4498 to schedule your consult today with Dr. Heintze today to learn how we can help!
Dr. Ellie Heintze, ND, LAc, is a naturopathic doctor and acupuncturist in Bothell, WA at her practice Starting Point Acupuncture. She specializes in chronic and complex cases and commonly treats neuropathy, fibromyalgia, migraines, autoimmune, and infertility cases. Dr. Ellie Heintze is also the author of the book, A Starting Point Guide to Going Gluten-Free and Keep Calm and Zen Out available on Amazon.
Please share this article!
Dr. Ellie Heintze, ND, LAc
- Master’s Degree in Acupuncture
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry
Northern Arizona University
Search Through The Doctor's Blog
Acupuncture Benefits For
- 5 element acupuncture (1)
- Addictions (21)
- Allergies (37)
- Arthritis (21)
- Back Pain (26)
- Better Health & Wellness (296)
- Cancer (10)
- Chronic Problems (91)
- Cosmetic and Aesthetics (10)
- Cosmetic and Skin Health (15)
- Cupping Therapy (4)
- Diabetes and Prevention (23)
- Digestive Health (112)
- Diseases & Disorders (77)
- Eye Disorders (3)
- Fertility (12)
- Gluten-Free Product Review (6)
- Headaches (25)
- Health Insurance (1)
- Healthy Eating & Nutrition (95)
- Helpsheets (9)
- Herbs & Essential Oils (9)
- How Does Acupuncture Work (89)
- Immune Support (33)
- Injury Rehabilitation (25)
- Ketogenic Diet (2)
- Mental Health (48)
- Migraine Treatment (33)
- Mindset and Meditation (11)
- Naturopathic Doctor (101)
- Neuropathy (6)
- Newsletter Archives (4)
- Pain Management (110)
- PCOS (4)
- Pregnancy (6)
- Recipes (33)
- Research Updates (47)
- Sciatica (8)
- Sleep (27)
- The Acupuncture Meridians (2)
- Therapies & Treatments (52)
- Type 1 Diabetes (3)
- Uncategorized (104)
- Videos (5)
- Weight Loss (39)
- Women's Health (30)