Acupuncture helps with smoking addiction in many ways. It stops jitters, curbs cravings, lessens irritability and restlessness, increases relaxation and helps detoxify the body. Give our office a call today to learn more and schedule your initial consultation to see how we can help, (425) 686-4498.
Acupuncture for Quitting Smoking
Consider kicking the habit! Smoking is a strong, complicated addiction. Quitting smoking is no small task and you will need lots of support to be successful. You need the best tools to help with the physical and emotional symptoms, and acupuncture is a great resource to help you succeed.
5 Facts to Know About Acupuncture for Quitting Smoking
- Acupuncture is very effective to help stop smoking.
- Acupuncture has been used to help combat addiction and curb cigarette cravings for a long time. Many people have had success and now research is supporting these claims.
- In a recent study, “Alternative Smoking Cessation Aids: A Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials,” researchers gathered data from 14 different studies to see which alternative techniques helped patients stop smoking. The acupuncture studies examined 823 different patients. The researchers concluded that both acupuncture and hypnotherapy may help patients quit smoking. The scientific world is far from definitively recommending acupuncture for smoking cessation, but more and more research shows that it does help many people.
- Acupuncture helps with smoking addiction in many ways. It stops jitters, curbs cravings, lessens irritability and restlessness, increases relaxation and helps detoxify the body. It can also restore balance in your constitution and jumpstart the healing process.
- There is a “stop smoking” acupuncture point. There is a point is called “Tim Mee,” which is used specifically to stop smoking. It’s located one finger’s width above your wrist crease, on the inside of your arm. It is used solely to help people stop smoking and it does this by altering the way cigarettes taste.
Will acupuncture be enough?
Of course not. Smoking is a complicated addiction.
Acupuncture can reduce cravings, but it can’t change habits.
Physical cravings are only one aspect of cigarette addiction. Many times, the habit of smoking is harder to stop than the physical addiction.
If smoking helps you cope during difficult emotional situations, not smoking can make you feel naked and vulnerable. If smoking is part of a daily ritual, not smoking can make your day feel “off.” All of this is normal and challenging.
I recommend that people use all the support systems they have available. Get help from family and friends. Join a support group. Exercise. Find new smoke-free activities.
Stopping a smoking addiction requires support—physically, emotionally and socially.
At Starting Point Acupuncture, we offer a comprehensive smoking cessation program that will help assist you to have the most success quitting smoking. Give our office a call today to learn more and schedule your initial consultation, (425) 686-4498.
Please share this article!
Tagged In: acupuncture, anti-aging, cravings, detox, health, quit smoking, smoking cessation, wellness
Dr. Ellie Heintze, ND, LAc
- Master’s Degree in Acupuncture
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry
Northern Arizona University
Search Through The Doctor's Blog
Acupuncture Benefits For
- 5 element acupuncture (1)
- Addictions (22)
- Allergies (37)
- Arthritis (20)
- Back Pain (25)
- Better Health & Wellness (292)
- Cancer (10)
- Chronic Problems (86)
- Cosmetic and Aesthetics (11)
- Cosmetic and Skin Health (16)
- Cupping Therapy (4)
- Diabetes and Prevention (20)
- Digestive Health (111)
- Diseases & Disorders (75)
- Eye Disorders (3)
- Fertility (12)
- Gluten-Free Product Review (6)
- Headaches (25)
- Health Insurance (1)
- Healthy Eating & Nutrition (94)
- Helpsheets (9)
- Herbs & Essential Oils (8)
- How Does Acupuncture Work (89)
- Immune Support (34)
- Injury Rehabilitation (25)
- Ketogenic Diet (2)
- Mental Health (47)
- Migraine Treatment (33)
- Mindset and Meditation (10)
- Naturopathic Doctor (100)
- Neuropathy (5)
- Newsletter Archives (4)
- Pain Management (106)
- PCOS (4)
- Pregnancy (6)
- Recipes (33)
- Research Updates (47)
- Sciatica (8)
- Sleep (27)
- The Acupuncture Meridians (2)
- Therapies & Treatments (52)
- Type 1 Diabetes (3)
- Uncategorized (100)
- Videos (7)
- Weight Loss (38)
- Women's Health (29)