Have you heard of scar therapy? Scar Therapy is a safe, natural, effective treatment for pain or health conditions that have occurred following an injury or surgery that left behind a scar. Give our office a call at (425) 686-4498 to learn more!
Scar Therapy Treatment
Got painful scars or looking to lessen their appearance?
Scar treatment might be right for you.
Scars are often a permanent reminder of surgery, trauma, a burn, or wound that has not healed properly leaving dense fibrous tissues on the skin. Scars can be skin color, red, purple, or even pearly white and can lead to pain. Scars are formed when the wound healing process is disrupted by factors such as too much or too little collagen production.
In a Chinese Medicine view of scars, they are a disruption in the normal flow of energy. This disruption can lead to local inflammation and pain as well as distal, downstream, issues.
The establishment of proper flow thru the scar can lead to healing, pain reduction, and overall well-being.
Treatment in and around the scars involves the specific and customized treatment which may include a combination of several therapies such as acupuncture, electroacupuncture, or ATP Resonance BioTherapy™. Treatments work to promote healing and reestablish cell signaling in the scar and increase functioning of the tissues. It is thought that trauma can affect scars and nerves and with scar neural treatments, it can lead to instant and lasting resolution of chronic pain.
Who can benefit?
- Pain at or around the scar
- C-section scars
- Scars along IT bands affecting hip or knee movement and pain
- Scars leading to referred pain or numbness and tingling
- Aesthetic appearance of scars: acne scars
Scar Treatments Include:
- Initial consultation to learn more about your concerns and goals
- Establishment of individualized treatment plan to address your specific needs and goals
- If you would like to get started on your treatment program, most patients can get started right after their consult.
Treatments are typically 30 minutes.
To learn how we can help. The first step is to schedule your scar therapy consultation, please call the office at (425) 686-4498.
Dr. Ellie Heintze
- Master’s Degree in Acupuncture
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry
Northern Arizona University